Behind the Scenes: What No One Knows About Our Videos
If there’s one online resource our teachers can’t get enough of, it’s videos. The most consistent piece of feedback we hear about them is “more, please!”
I’ve been working on Storyworks videos for 4 years now, and can honestly say that we love producing them as much as you and your students love watching them. But believe it or not, putting together a 5-minute video is no small feat!
- 2: The number of weeks it took to make the video, from beginning to end
- 9: The number of times we edited the script before we were happy with it
- 400: The number of photos and video clips our eagle-eyed photo editor Larry Schwartz gathered for us to look at
- 200: The number of astronaut photos we combed through before finding this perfect image:
- 30: The approximate number of snacks we consumed while working on this video (and that’s a conservative estimate!)
- 5: The number of video drafts our incredibly talented (and patient!) video editor, Seth Stein, put together before we settled on the final
- 12,200: The number of times the video has been viewed so far
Do you have any suggestions for future Storyworks videos? Let us know in the comments!